The Department for Energy and Mining is seeking feedback from industry and the community on proposals for the sustainable growth of the energy and mining sector in South Australia.
These proposals are outlined in the consultation paper, Sustainably growing energy and mining in South Australia, which:
- brings together government initiatives to guide the ongoing expansion of the energy and mining sector in our state
- proposes ambitious new growth targets
- outlines potential initiatives to achieve those targets.
Download the consultation paper: Sustainably growing energy and mining in South Australia: consultation paper (PDF 1.4 MB)
Note: If downloading via an Android phone, PDF viewer must be installed.
Provide feedback by:
- completing the online survey, or
- emailing a written submission to DEM.email@example.com, or
- joining the online discussion on YourSAy
. Your responses will:
- inform the energy and mining sector's priority needs and key challenges to sustained stronger growth
- test the proposed policies, programs and projects to help drive the South Australian economy
- highlight relevant government commitments you want captured in the final design of the Energy and Mining Strategy.
The Energy and Mining Strategy will bring together other strategies already in place, such as the:
It will also incorporate current government programs including the Clean Energy Transition and new initiatives such as the Accelerated Discovery Initiative, Battery and Emerging Minerals Strategy and the Electric Vehicle Strategy foreshadowed in the 2019–2020 State Budget.
Closing date for submissions is 5.00 pm, 1 November 2019.
The Department for Energy and Mining will collate your responses to inform the development of the Energy and Mining Strategy and the Growth State - our plan for prosperity work plan, initiated by the South Australian government to:
- promote industry growth by responding to the needs of business and industries
- commit to real, concrete actions and deliverables
- provide a more sustainable and prosperous future for South Australians.
For more information email: DEM.firstname.lastname@example.org