This website uses cookies. If you are happy with the use of these cookies please continue to browse our website. For more information see our Privacy page. You may adjust your cookie settings via your chosen browser tools. Learn more
Skip to content

At the Department for Energy and Mining (DEM) we welcome your feedback and complaints and we thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel.

We are committed to continually improving our products and services, and your feedback and comments helps us to do this.

Any feedback or complaints are handled in line with our Complaints and Feedback policy.

Please use the following information to decide if you would like to provide feedback or make a complaint.

Feedback can be positive or negative comments about a service we provide, and a response may or may not be required. Feedback can include compliments about the service you have received.

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction with the service or products provided by DEM that you feel requires a response.

Matters concerning the conduct and practice of public officers and public authorities in the South Australian Government, specifically corruption, misconduct and maladministration need to be reported via the Independent Commissioner Against Corruption (ICAC).

What we need if you are making a complaint

  • Your name, preferred contact phone number or email address during business hours (you can also make a complaint or provide feedback anonymously, and we will investigate it as far as possible)
  • Name of the Department’s business unit or the person concerned (if you know it)
  • A clear description of your experience, including whether you have previously contacted us
  • Any relevant information about your complaint
  • Action you would like us to take
  • Anything else that would be useful to know about you and your situation.

How to make a complaint

If you wish to raise a complaint or give feedback you can use:

  • Online feedback form and select Energy and Mining in the first drop down box
  • Email:
  • Telephone: 8463 3000
  • Post: Customer Services, GPO Box 320, Adelaide SA 5001

If English is not your preferred language please contact:

Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS)
Phone: 131 450 and then ask for 8226 3500

If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment contact us through:

  • National Relay Service (Speak and Listen)
    Phone: 1300 555 727
  • National Relay Service (TTY users)
    Phone: 133 677
  • Internet Relay users can connect to the National Relay Service

We accept anonymous complaints and will carry out an investigation of the issues raised where there is enough information provided.

If your complaint falls outside our responsibilities, we will endeavour to give you advice about where to get help.

What happens once you have lodged a complaint

Once you have lodged your complaint:

  • You will receive an acknowledgement within 3 working days
  • We may also contact you to confirm or clarify the information you have provided
  • We will aim to resolve and advise the outcome of your complaint within 21 business days. If it is not possible to give you a full reply within this time, we will contact you and negotiate additional time. This may happen if your complaint requires more detailed investigation.
  • If we do not uphold your complaint we will let you know why.

If you feel your complaint has not been dealt with properly, please let us know. If you remain unsatisfied, you can refer your complaint to the Ombudsman SA.