The Statutes Amendment (Mineral Resources) Bill 2019 was passed by the South Australian Parliament on 17 October 2019.
This follows the major review of South Australia's mining laws which commenced in 2016. Community and industry feedback was sought through engagement with more than 1800 stakeholders through emails, information sessions and face-to-face meetings. More than 130 public submissions were received.
The passage of the Bill was announced by Hon Dan van Holst Pellekaan MP, Minister for Energy and Mining.
Legislative documents and guidance
- Statutes Amendment (Mineral Resources) Act 2019
- Guide to the Statutes Amendment (Mineral Resources) Bill 2018
- Statutes Amendment (Leading Practice in Mining) Bill 2017
- Mining Act 1971
- Mining Regulations 2011
- Mines and Works Inspections Act 1920
- Mines and Works Inspection Regulations 2013
- Opal Mining Act 1995
- Opal Mining Regulations 2012
- Fast Facts: The way forward - Feedback on Review, Recommendations and the Statutes Amendment (Leading Practice in Mining) Bill 2017(PDF 2.8 MB)
- Fast facts: Benefits for all - Recommendations on new mining laws for South Australia (Published September 2017) (PDF 2.2 MB)
- Fast facts: Update - Regional meetings and your submissions (Chinese edition) (PDF 1.2 MB)
- Fast facts: Update - Regional meetings and your submissions (Published June 2017) (PDF)
- Fast facts: Compliance in the regions (Published June 2017) (PDF 798 KB)
Contact for more information
- Email DEM.MiningActReview@sa.gov.au
- Phone: Customer Services on 8463 3000