The Energy Resources Division is in the process of compiling and publishing “Basin-in-a-Box” datasets for the major under-explored frontier basins in South Australia. A dataset for the Simpson & Pedirka Basins has now been released, with packages for the Arckaringa, Officer, Arrowie, Polda and Stansbury Basins, plus the Renmark Trough, to follow in due course. A package will also be released for the prospective onshore Otway Basin. It is not currently possible to offer a package of Cooper Basin data for download due to the massive data volumes, data can be ordered on hard drives via http://www.energymining.sa.gov.au/petroleum/data_and_publications.
Data packages aim to facilitate exploration and new venture assessments by providing a complete well and seismic data package for each basin in a single, downloadable zip-file. Each package will contain all of the available data for the basin as follows:
- Well log data (LAS format - see Note 1)
- Well Completion Reports for all wells within the basin plus adjacent wells (PDF format)
- A spreadsheet containing well-name, surface location and TD information, plus checkshot data where available (Excel format)
- 2D seismic data (“workstation-ready” SEGY format - see Note 2)
- Seismic acquisition and processing reports (PDF format)
- Interpretation reports for expired licences (PDF format)
- Seismic Mapping products in time and / or depth (ASCII, Shapefile and Petrosys formats)
- State-wide boundaries for all petroleum exploration, petroleum retention and petroleum production licences, plus also the ongoing licence applications in each of those categories (shape-files)
- State-wide boundaries for areas with restricted or no petroleum access (shape-files - further details on the areas and the restrictions are here)
- A PDF of the Petroleum Geology of South Australia Volume 2 Eromanga (includes Simpson and Pedirka), Officer and Otway basins.
If you don’t see a data package for the basin you’re interested in, please either check back later as the packages for some of the basins are still in preparation, or contact the Data Management Team using the details below
- Where available, additional well data (e.g. well logs in LIS or DLIS formats as originally supplied and production data) can be downloaded from PEPS South Australia here: https://peps.sa.gov.au/home
- “Workstation-ready” means that the SEGY headers have been manipulated so that the key data needed for loading the seismic is in consistent trace-header byte locations
- Please visit http://www.ga.gov.au/about/projects/resources/petroleum-data-repository for Data pertaining to the Bight Basin
|Simpson-Pedirka Basin - 'Basin in a Box'|
|Download the Simpson-Pedirka 'Basin in a Box'|
Whilst ERD has taken all reasonable care in the preparation of the data package, ERD does not provide any warranties or guarantees as to the completeness or accuracy of the data. In particular, some of the data provided (such as the outlines of petroleum tenements and conservation areas) may have changed since the data-package was created.
For more information, contact:
Phone: + 61 8 8429 2465